Witch skirt for Sydney’s American girl doll
I decided to sew a bunch of American girl doll clothes for my neices for Christmas this year, but couldn’t resist making a special Halloween outfit (pictured above). I didn’t use a pattern, just got the AG doll measurements and winged it. I’ll try to post the template I used later on – basically I cut six six-inch long and 2 inch wide strips out of an old black shirt and sewed them togheter. Then I added five layers of orange and black tuille and sewed them all together with a folded piece of orange satiny ribbon. The trickiest part was adding the velcro to the back, but it seems to have come out alright.
This is the back view – velcro closure
Shirts are a little out of my sewing ability at the moment, so I’m bidding on a hot Hallowen knit sweater on Ebay
and I ordered some cute converse sneaks to complete the outfit.